Please drop your details to arrange a free seminars in your organization
which will help your Students about awareness of Medical Studies in Abroad
Medical Council of India also known as foreign medical graduates examination (FMGE) is a licensure examination conducted by the national board of examination (NBE) in India. This test is essential for Indian students who have MBBS degree from outside country and want to study in India. This test introduced in 2002 for those Indian students who are obtaining a medical degree from the outside country other than India like Eastern European countries, China, Nepal, Philippines, and Caribbean countries. The Medical School should have been listed in the WHO international directory of Medical Schools.
Many people ask why this exam is important and why students who have done MBBS from other country need to clear this exam.
Here are five importance of MCI screening test:
1. MCI screening exam is important for all students who have completed their MBBS from some other country and want to make his/her professional life in India. This exam is compulsory for candidates who desire to medical practice in India. Once you clear this exam, you will be equivalent from those who have completed their MBBS in India and can choose any career that they want to make in future.
2. This exam conducted for checking your basic concepts, application of concepts, your common sense, and your time management skills. This test doesn’t want you to remember every detail of entire data. It just wants you to be familiar with core data. So you can choose the correct option from the given options.
3. After clearing MCI exams, you need to do the 1-year internship for fulfilling the eligibility criteria. If you don’t do this, it will keep you unemployed in India.
4. There is no restriction on a number of time giving the exam. There are specific rules and regulations that for passing the MCI exam candidate should score minimum 50% marks. The applicants who qualify the Screening Test may apply to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi or to any State Medical Council for provisional/permanent registration.
5. As it seems, it is a challenging exam and needs to practice more and more for this exam. Statistically, it appears that just 19% of candidates are able to clear this exam. Even it has been only noted that from 2005 and 2015, there had been a drop of about 80% of Indian medical graduates from foreign universities passing the mandatory screening test conducted by NBE.
Key points on MCI screening test are as follow:
1. Test conduct twice in a year.
2. Test conduct in the English language
3. The exam consists of paper
4. There will be total 300 MCQs that will be divided into two parts of 150 questions in each section.
5. There is no negative marking
6. A candidate who has obtained 50% marks in MBBS degree would be able to give this exam.
7. There are no restrictions on a number of attempts that can be availed by the applicants.
Many people ask is it easy to clearing MCI screening exam of MBBS studies from Nepal and some other recognized university. But the truth is for cracking MCI cracking exam is, it’s not important from where you have done your MBBS. What important is your knowledge about the subject, your hard work and what you have done in your university in these years?