Earlier named as Vinnitsa Pharmaceutical Institute, the University was founded in the year 1921. Since its foundation, the Institute went through many changes till the year 1994 when it was finally got level IV accreditation from the Decree of the Cabinet Ministers of Ukraine and was renamed to Vinnitsa State Pirogoy Memorial Medical University.
The University is being internationally known and has lately become one of the leading university in Ukraine. The university is being put in as the first choice by many nationals and international students looking forward to taking admission in MBBS University in Ukraine. Accepting the tremendous growth of the university, Decree of the President of Ukraine has further accredited the university to National University status in the year 2002, hence how it is called Vinnitsa National Medical University (VNMU).
VNMU is associated with many pharmaceutical institutions, research centres and educational intuitions. From various institutes of over 13 countries, the university participates in exchange programs in scientific – pedagogical and technical fields. Some of the major exchange programs are conducted with the following institutes.
- Limoge University (France)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, New-Hampshire (USA)
- Saint-Petersburg State Medical university (Russian Federation)
- Medical University of Lodz (Poland)
- Munster University (Germany)
- Russian State Medical University
- Azerbaijan Medical University (Azerbaijan)
- Minsk State Medical Institute (Byelorus’)
- Vanderbilt University
A total of 2.5 Million Dollars has been granted by The Sparkman Fund of State of Alabama (USA) for researches in public health areas to the university.
University focuses majorly over various scientific researches for the upliftment of medicine and technology. A major focus is being put over the following areas–
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of chronic diseases
- Rehabilitation improvement of disabled persons
- Evolution of new drugs and devices for medical treatment
- Prevention of mortality, morbidity and disability in children and mother
- Study of genetic and psychological state of human
- Study of physiological and anthropological characteristics in humans
- Understanding the origin of various diseases for prevention
In the single year of 2005 around 19000 patients were treated in university clinics, in which they performed more than 12000 surgeries and more than 180000 patient consultations. The clinical staff also regularly makes rural area visits for treatments.
Total area allocated to the university is about 81000 square meters and the buildings and learning centres have been constructed in more than 41000 square meters. Lecture halls and class rooms are equipped with latest equipment for study, the university also has a research facility, laboratory, testing clinics and a collection of more than 550000 journals in its library. A computer park with 780 personal computers are also present for scientific processes and trainings.
There is a diagnostic centre which is installed with 4D ultrasound apparatus, equipment for endoscopic treatment of urological disorders.
For students, there are 5 hostels in the campus with more than 3000 capacity. Several canteens, restaurants are also present for students to use. Fitness activities are given a special attention through the 2 sports and health complex on the river bank.
The education is imparted in following faculties –
- Faculty of General Medicine 1 & 2
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Psychology
|VINNITSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, UKRAINE||TUITION FEE / YEAR (INR)||HOSTEL FEE / YEAR (INR)||OTHER CHARGES (INR)||TOTAL FEE (INR)|
|1st Year Fees||2,86,000||33,000||1,49,000||4,68,000|
|2nd to 6th year Fees||2,86,000/year||32,500/year||7,000/year||3,25,500/year|