For the past few decades, there is an increasing trend among the Indian students that can be seen regarding their higher education. They have started choosing different destinations for pursuing their higher education in the field of medical sciences for their educational excellence. The top five overseas destinations for Indian students to pursue MBBS are:
- Georgia: Medical colleges in Georgia offer high-quality education at an affordable cost. The fees for medical courses including MBBS in Georgia vary from $4000 to $8000 which is relatively very much lower than the European counterparts. As per the reports from the Indian embassy, the cost of living in Georgia is somewhat near to $400 per month which is again quite cheap. Georgia is a politically stable nation with smooth communication and transport system. The government has rigid security and safety policies for the local as well as the foreign people.
- Philippines: More than 20000 students around the globe choose to study MBBS in the Philippines every year. The cost of the course comes in between Rs 10-20 lacs. The students need to appear and qualify the NMAT test. Apart from the cost of education, the cost of living and food is reasonable. The climate is suitable for students from India, which is one of the important factors for which the Philippines lie in the top 5 list.
- Russia: It is one of the increasing popular destinations among Indian students. Medical courses in Russia are subsidized by the Russian government by 60-70 percent for which the cost of the course reduces to around 2.5-5 lacs per year. It is to be noted that the duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years. Other benefits of studying MBBS in Russia are 100% visa guarantee, Degrees recognizable worldwide, European standard of living and the easy admission procedure. Belgorod state university Russia is one of the top institutes for MBBS in Russia.
- Ukraine: MBBS course in Ukraine attracts a large number of international applicants for its nominal fees, which is around Rs 2.85 lacs per year which are even lower than that of the private Indian colleges. The city is a fun place and one can avail a good standard of living at an affordable cost. It is to be mentioned that Ukraine has three types of medical institutions namely national, state and private. Out of these the national ones have better support from the government and better infrastructure. Some of the universities are Bukovinian state medical university, Bogomolets National medical university etc.
- Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyzstan is another name which comes to one’s mind when thinking of quality medical education with nominal fee structure and a good living standard. The MBBS course in Kyrgyzstan is 6 years of duration and costs about 2-3 lacs per year which are again comparatively cheaper than the European and even Indian universities. Some of the universities in Kyrgyzstan best for MBBS are the Kyrgyz state medical university, Asian medical institute Kant, Osh state university and much more.
It is clear from the above that the top five places provide high-quality medical education with a very nominal cost for the same. So, it is advisable to all the medical aspirants of India, who wish to pursue their medical education overseas to go through the Universities of these places, check eligibility and Visa requirements. As this is one of the crucial decisions of one’s career, choosing the right place wisely would be appreciated.