Study MBBS In Russia For Indian Students
If you want to study MBBS in abroad, particularly study MBBS in Russia instead of MBBS in India in a top medical university, you are at the right place. We are here to provide you detailed information about Russia, student life, study programs, fee structure and everything else.
Russia is a very old, renowned and excellent destination for studying medicine abroad. Indian students have been going to study MBBS in Russia for over 25 years. Each of the top medical university of Russia provides splendid education to students at a very affordable cost. Over 15,000 Indian students take their MBBS degree from one of the top medical university each year.
Study Medicine In Russia
Russia has now become one of the best study locations to study MBBS in Abroad. A large part of these students come from India. Actually, MBBS in India has become extremely complicated. Thus, over the past few decades, there has been a significant increase in the number of Indian students travelling to study MBBS in Russia.
According to some statistics, it has been found that a large part of doctors practicing medicine in India actually has a degree from Russia by studying MBBS in abroad. So, Russia has become one of the most widely chosen options to study MBBS by Indian students. Almost each of the top medical university in Russia is recognized by international medical bodies like MCI, WHO, FAIMER, WFME etc.
Recognition of Degree Of MBBS In Russia
If you want to study MBBS in Russia instead of MBBS in India, you must be wondering about the recognition of your degree. The medical universities of Russia are recognized by some of the leading organizations and medical councils of the world such as:
- World Health Organization (WHO),
- Medical Council of India (MCI),
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED),
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations (UNESCO),
- Medical Councils of various nations like US, Australia, UK etc.
Duration Of MBBS In Russia
All Russian universities have a well structured and globally recognized curriculum for studying. MBBS in India gets completed within a time span of four and a half years. However, the total duration to study MBBS in Russia is a period of six years including one entire year of internship. The medical program in Russia is taught in English as well as the Russian language. The students can select their medium of instruction as per their preference. However, the study programs and their fees in all three mediums differ from university to university.
MBBS In Russia Eligibility Criteria
Indian students with a low budget need not get disappointed. If they cannot get admission for MBBS in India, they can study MBBS in abroad. They can pursue their dream degree at a low-cost if they study MBBS in Russia. Even if they have low academics, they can still apply to study MBBS in Russia in any of the top medical university. The high-quality educational MBBS program in Russia is very cost friendly for the students. This is opposite to the case of MBBS in India.
Indian students must have scored at least 65% marks in their 10+2 examinations to be eligible for admission of MBBS in Russia. However, a few medical universities in Russia also enroll students with low academics such as 60%. Another surprising fact to study MBBS in Russia instead of MBBS in India is that the students are not required to pay any sort of capitation fees to get admission. You are not required to give donation fees for anything and even if you are willing to, it will not help you in any way. MBBS in abroad does not demand any extra money.
The student must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course. However, NEET with qualifying marks is mandatory to study medicine in Russia. Actually, NEET is mandatory to study MBBS in abroad as well as MBBS in India. Doctor’s degree from a Medical University in Russia also does not require TOEFL or IELTS score.
MBBS In Russia For Indian Students Fees Structure
The cost to study MBBS in Russia is very affordable to that of private medical colleges in India. MBBS in India is extremely expensive in comparison to MBBS in abroad. Although every university has a different fees structure and every country has a different expense of living, the average total fees of Russian medical colleges usually costs around Rs. 25 lakhs – Rs. 30 lakhs. The cost to study MBBS in abroad, particularly Russia, depends upon a lot of factors such as the university ranking, type, facilities preferred, medium of instruction, hostel accommodation etc.
The cost of the top 10 medical colleges in Russia is still low as compared to MBBS in India. The living cost in Russia for the Indian students is also very reasonable. Your total expense and fee structure may also depend on the fact whether you choose cheap medical colleges in Russia or an expensive one. Medical schools in Russia cost quite low as compared to MBBS in USA as well. MBBS Russia fee structure is actually different for all three colleges.
As mentioned above, the English medium colleges have the highest fees structure.
The tuition fee also depends upon the ranking of the college. You can complete your entire MBBS degree in Russia medical schools in nearly Rs. 7.5 lakhs if you choose a bilingual college. The minimum tuition fee of English medium colleges is usually around Rs. 3 lakhs – Rs. 3.5 lakhs per year.
So your entire English medium MBBBS program in Russia may cost upto Rs. 25 lakhs including the hostel fees. The food expenses are around Rs. 8000 per month. Generally, the total cost of living is Rs. 1 lakh per year in Russia. Since there are very high-end hostels in Russia as well, your total cost of living can also be around Rs. 3 lakhs – Rs. 4 lakhs per year in Russia. Therefore, your overall budget and expense of living depends upon your living preferences.
This is another huge merit of studying MBBS in Russia because Russia is literally no need of appearing in any kind of entrance exam for admission in medical colleges of Russia. This is in contrast to MBBS in India which requires students to appear in various types of difficult entrance examinations with negative marking.
However, the National Eligibility Entrance Test or NEET is mandatory to apply for studying medicine in Russia. NEET is must to appear for medical education for MBBS in India as well as MBBS in abroad. The Indian Health Ministry and the Medical Council of India have made it compulsory for students to qualify NEET to get admission for MBBS in a foreign university. Thus, if you want to study MBBS in Russia, you must clear NEET.
MCI Approved Universities for MBBS In Russia
Currently, there are around 7,500 Indian students studying MBBS in Russian medical colleges. MBBS in abroad has become a much clearer choice for Indian students instead of MBBS in India. Graduating from one of the top MCI approved medical universities in Russia promises and assures a great future. These are the MCI approved universities in Russia:
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical Academy of Federal Agency of Health Care and Social Development
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Bashkirian State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University
- Kazan Federal (Volga) University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kuban State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Mari State University
- Mordovia N.P.Ogerev State University
- Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry
- National Medical University
- National Research Nuclear University “MIFI”
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- North-Caucasian State Humanitarian and Technological Academy, Cherkessk
- North-Eastern Federal University named after MK Ammosov
- Northern State Medical University
- Novosibirsk National Research State University
- Orel State University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Penza State University
- Peoples’s Friendship University of Russia
- Perm State Medical University
- Pskov State University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Russian National Research Medical University
- Russian Peoples Friendship University
- Russian State Medical University, Moscow
- Ryazan State I P Pavlov Medical University
- Saint Petersburg State Medical Academy
- Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- Saint-Petersburg Pavlov State Medical University
- Saratov State Medical University
- Saratovskiy State Medical University
- Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy
- Siberian State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
- Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Syktyvkar State University named after P Sorokin
- Tambov State University
- The Belgorod State University
- The Chechen State University
- The Chuvash State University named after I.N. Ulyanov
- The First Moscow State Medical University
- The First St. Petersburg State Medical University
- Tombosky State University named after G.R. Derzhavin
- Tula State University
- Tver State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Volgograd Medical Academy
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Voronezh State Medical University
- Yaroslav-the-Wise Novgorod State University
- Yaroslavl State Medical Academy
- Yaroslavl State Medical Academy YSMA
- Yaroslavl State Medical University
Select a Top Medical University In Russia from these:
For MBBS in abroad, you should consider a university which gives the top-most quality education. If you ask us to select the top ten medical universities of Russia, we would highly recommend these:
Admission Process of Medicine In Russia
The admission process for MBBS in Russia differs from university to university, just like the eligibility criteria. However, on a general scale, the admission process for MBBS in Russian medical universities is quite the same. The admission process for MBBS in Russia is very easy just like MBBS in Kyrgyzstan and MBBS in China.
After deciding which university to opt for medical studies in Russia, the candidate needs to fill up the application form. He/she is then required to submit the same to the university office along with the required documents and passport details. The documents can be scanned and sent online which also ensures complete transparency in the admission procedure.
Once the university accepts the application of the student, it informs the selected students through email. Then, a letter of confirmation of admission is issued to the student. The student can collect the admission letter from the university and pay the fees. After the payment of fees, he/she can apply for visa.
Once the Visa is confirmed, the student can book his/her tickets to Russia and plan everything ahead. Nonetheless, if you allow PGMedica Overseas to assist you for MBBS in abroad, there will be no need to worry and there will be no chance of disappointment. You just have to provide us with the necessary documents and we will take care of the rest.
The documents required for getting admission in a top medical university in Russia also differ from university to university. Each college may also have its individual requirements. However, on a general scale, some of the documents required for admission are the same.
Some of the main documents required are:
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheet,
- transfer certificate,
- birth certificate,
- migration certificate,
- eight passports sized photographs,
- medical certificates
- a copy of international passport with at least 1.5 years validity etc.
We repeat, provide us with your documents and we will take care of the rest.
Benefits To Do Medicine In Russia
If you choose to study MBBS in Russia instead of MBBS in India in a top medical university, there are a lot of advantages for you. Some of them are:
- Russian medical universities do not require any donation fees or entrance tests such as SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, HSK, GMAT, CET, GRE etc.
- Since most of the top MCI approved medical universities in Russia are government funded, the cost of MBBS in Russia is low and affordable.
- The medical colleges of Russia offer high-quality medical education.
- Indian students can get to study the complete course in full English medium.
- The affiliated hospitals of Russian Medical Universities have a high patient inflow.
- The syllabus for the Russian MBBS program has the approval by the Medical Council of India and some other leading medical councils of the world.
- Many scholarship opportunities are available for the students.
- The admission process in Russian medical colleges is easy, hassle-free and transparent.
- The cost of living is also very reasonable in Russia.
- World ranking of most of the Russian medical colleges is also high.
- Since Russia is near India, the cost of flights is also affordable.
- The eligibility criteria for admissions are quite easy.
- Russian medical colleges also have a high WHO ranking.
- The campuses of Russian medical colleges are very large (around 500-2000 acres) and well equipped.
- The students can pay the fees once or twice a year.
- Indian students can easily find Indian food in Russia.
Student Life In Russia
The medical students who are pursuing their MBBS degree and other medical courses in Russia are given the best facilities on the university campus. The accommodation provided to the students is very good and meets high standards. The hostels of Russian medical universities are well secured with a 24-hour security system. The rooms of the hostels are fulfilled with the basic facilities like air conditioning, heating, water supply, hygienic food and laundry.
There are many Indian students in Russian medical universities. The university campuses have a healthy atmosphere and give equal importance to local as well as international students. The weather in Russia is almost identical to that of India which makes it really easy for Indian students to adapt to their surroundings. An easy and quick adjustment allows better concentration and studying environment for the students.
Students in Russian medical colleges get many scholarship opportunities and global exposure. College life in Russia is very good and positive. A happy and healthy environment produces competent medical professionals. Living in the university hostels and roaming around the campus as a university student makes it very easy to become involved. Events and activities are hosted at regular intervals of time.
The top-ranked medical colleges have a positive, joyous, and friendly student culture and a lively campus community. The universities offer student programs devoted to the appreciation of diversity. They support students from all backgrounds and aim for the expansion of cultural horizons. The universities have hospitals which provide 24*7 medical services for the safety and health of the students. Travel for students in Russia is also very cheap as they get special student discounts to travel across the country.
More about Russia
Russia, also officially known as the Russian Federation, is a country in Eurasia. In terms of area, it is the largest country in the world with a population of over 144 million people. Moscow, which is Russia’s capital, is one of the largest cities in the world. This nation shares its boundaries with a lot of countries. It is a diverse educational setting due to its educational reforms and focus on teaching.
Russia is a potential superpower and thus has strict laws and rules. This makes it a safe educational destination. It is well-known for providing top-notch medical education at a very subsidized fee cost structure. It has now become a popular trend to go abroad for studying MBBS program. Russia is one of the top educational destinations to consider when it comes to study MBBS in abroad.
The weather conditions of Russia are extremely diverse due to its vast width. Due to its enormous size, Russia faces a lot of different climates. The South region is has mountains all around which face humid, warm air flow. The West region, on the other hand, is a plain region with a moderate climate.
The North area faces extreme cold weather with rains. However, the Eastern area faces dry winters. Generally, the climate is either cold or hot throughout the year, with a very minimal spring and autumn. The temperature in winters usually gets too low whereas it gets very high in summers.
Russia has over 160 different ethnic groups and indigenous peoples, all of them following their own religion and culture. This vast cultural diversity of Russia is one of the main reasons why Russia has a lot of different religions. Christianity is the main faith for Russian people. The second largest religion followed in Russia is Islam.
Hinduism is also an emerging religion in Russia. Around 13% of the total population of Russia is, however, atheist. Nonetheless, Russia gives the right to freedom of conscience and creed to all the citizenry. So, people of all religions can easily live in Russia. They have the freedom to follow whatever they like. There is no pressure on anyone to follow atheism or any particular religion.
Culture and Economy:
Russian culture is extremely vast due to the diversity of this land. The Russian folk culture is a beautiful mixture of art, clothing, food, music, dance, literature, traditions, architecture, poetry etc. Ballet, cinema, painting, and philosophy are also very dividend cultures of Russia. Russia has always had a great focus on learning and innovation. Russian educational institutions and discoveries are famous all over the world.
The Russian economy ranks as the twelfth largest by nominal GDP in the world. Russia is one of the leading producers of oil and natural gas which add-on to its economy. However, the economic development of the country is quite uneven. Russia is widely famous for its aerospace, weapons and military machinery productions across the globe.
Russian is the most common language in Russia. Thus, it is the official national language of Russia. Due to its vast diversity, Russia has a lot of languages in total. There are around 35 different official languages at the regional level and over 100 minority languages spoken in different parts of Russia. English and German are the most common languages after the Russian language.
Russian cuisine is high focuses on the use of fish, poultry, mushrooms, berries, and honey. Rye, wheat, millet, and barley are the main crops for bread production. Chicken is the most common form of meat in Russia. The Russian people also eat salads, pancakes, and wine in a large number.
Due to its diverse culture, Russia has a lot of delicious cuisines. Russia has a large number of international students, thus, the restaurants and stores are also promoting vegetarian food. Indian food is also quite easily available on the streets of Russia.